Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beef and sheep meat

About twenty years ago I worked as a slaughter man in a meat works. I remember that after the meat was cooled in the cool rooms over night the carcasses were dry to touch. I now open meat from the supermarkets blister packs of any of the supermarket giants and the meat is wet and they have a nappy under the meat to soak up the water. 

Now where did this water come from? 

I wont answer this question as I could mislead you and would like the supermarkets to reply on there own with there comments and they will be published in full. I think I will be waiting til I go blue in the face til the cows come home, for there answer....don't be alarmed  about the hormone thing as you have been eating it for years. The best way to eat from a supermarket is to go round the edges of  the shop as that is where the essentials are,remember that variety is the spice of life and this goes for what you eat.

No comments: