Sunday, January 2, 2011

New stove

The last stove was too small so a new bigger gas bottle was sort and modified and the pictures tell the story. It burns the material inside to white ash and uses less fuel than the last stove. I am not shore how small a bottle you can use and get a good burn. I guess this is an ongoing project, one which I will perfect. This one has a grate inside at the bottom joint level. It needs a door handle and catch. The chimney is 2x4 inch steel that I found on the side of the road and the bottle was free. More photos will be posted as things progress. By the way it is dangerous to cut into bottles and do not recommend it to anyone. I still get the hair on the back of my neck standing when I cut into them as I know they are bombs. This is real monster garage stuff and I hope I never release the monster. The photos were taken on new years eve with my new camera.

No comments: