Friday, February 5, 2021

Making things

I started making things when I was young and it can be very rewarding. I have never been bored and things do not have to be expensive. I wanted to have a holiday and love the water so this was the start. I saw sail boarding with kites and thought that would be so cool so why not buy a boat that I can stay on,this was 12 months ago and I left it to the universe to deliver and it always does.

Chance look on facebook market place there she was a trailer sailer like one I had years ago which was used only once. Just was not right I listened to someone elses ideas and was lost to my own.

I went and it was a Dennis ts 500 came with all the sails bedding jackets. The motor was to be a 5 hp engine that was bought for the other Dennis. So I am set. I will tow this thing with a kite. Looking around I found a canal in Sydney at a mechanics yard with direct access to the water. All I have to do is cut a hole in the fence and put in a gate. 

So a new chapter is going to evolve several months cruising Sydney Harbour. 

The best part is the boat and trailer cost me $150.00 au. That's right 150 bucks that like about 80 dollars American,that broke the bank. Any one have a kite for sale? Might air b and b the thing.

No comments: